Friday, January 22, 2016

I Will Go and Do

1 Nephi 3:7

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

I feel like this scripture really applies to our family right now.  We feel like the Lord has commanded us to go to Georgia, so that's exactly where we're going.  I have to admit though, I have had moments where I kind of freak out about living in a small town.  I think it will be hard for me.  However, I realize that the Lord told us to go there and so we will go forward.

I was listening to a talk yesterday that said that once the Lord commands us to do something, we should go forward with faith and not worry about what the future will hold.  I guess you could call that having a little chastisement.  I need to not freak out about what might happen but just go forth with faith that the Lord needs us there.  If that's the case, what else matters?

It is sometimes easy to lose sight of our eternal goal.  Sometimes I get caught up with what is right in front of me.  I'll think things like, "But what about my happiness day by day."  or "I don't think that this is what we need."  However, that's the great thing about prayer.  I have the assurance of the Lord, and that's all I need.  He knows the future and He knows our hearts.  He knows what we need now and in the future and He especially knows what we need to get back to our heavenly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment