Thursday, June 23, 2016

Feeling Good Today

I feel good today.  In fact, I feel better today than I have in a while.  A lot of times, there is no rhyme or reason as to why or when I have good days.  I'm just grateful for when they come.
We went to the splash pad today.  It was kind of small but the kids loved it.  Well, most of the kids loved it.  Jenna was very unsure of the whole thing.  She would occasionally venture off on her own but only like five steps in front of me.  I've noticed that Jenna seems to have a hard time in new situations.  I'm sure it's just an age thing.  She often cries or has a look of terror on her face while we try something new.  I love her to death.  I love watching Jenna run and seeing her sweet curls bounce as she goes.  It just about melts me every time.
Anna has been super helpful today.  I was downstairs taking care of some things for lunch and without asking, she took Jenna upstairs and got her dressed from her swimsuit into some dry clothes.  Anna told me it was "stressful."  I was so proud of her though for having such a sweet, mothering nature about her.  Anna has just seemed so much older recently.  I think I'm going to really like having older kids.  It's fun to talk to them and see how easily ideas and thoughts come together.  We've had to keep Anna up late every night since we moved here because the girls are now sharing a room.  We put Jenna down to bed first and Anna has to wait for her to fall asleep before she can go in.  We tried doing it the other way for a couple of days but it was disastrous.  Anna has been such a champ with it all.  I'm so grateful for her positive attitude.  Josh and I have really enjoyed having the older kids to ourselves at night time.  It's nice to give them some one on one attention without any interruptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment